3.10.13

Blogtober Day 3: Motherly Advice

October 3: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.

My mother told me once that my Grandma gives the best advice. She said this is the best piece of advice she's told her, and it is a great way to live.

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

My mother adds to that with: "No one ever got into trouble for something they didn't say." 

The women in my family and their ability to give advice knows no bounds. They are impressive. Full of one-liners, tips and tricks and ways to make a person (aka me) feel empowered to make decisions and to live a life I can be proud of. It's not just that they give good advice, it is that they find it...or rather, it finds them. 

A couple days ago, after a quite stressful day, my mother sent me this:

Embedded image permalink

See? I'm telling ya: Brilliant. 

Oh, she also told me once: "Don't eat the glue." Super helpful. 

Yours xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...