25.1.14

All Black Everything: A Miranda Kerr Inspired Look

Late last week I spent a solid 2 hours on E! Online's Big Picture gallery. This gallery is a collection of newly updated photos of celebrities being... well, normal. Most of the time, I'm looking at the gallery to see what celeb are wearing and where they are going. (Yep, I feed into the whole pop culture celebrity obsessed.)

This week I found a photo of Miranda Kerr. I consistently looooove her day to day looks. Plus, she is absolutely gorgeous! Her look is very classic pieces but with an edge. She seems to love a good coat, and a dash of the unexpected like a leopard ballet flat. She doesn't tend to over accessorize but her accessories do make (or break) her looks. You could say she is a style icon for me...I go as far as saying an inspiration, for sure.

I took one of the images I found and did a bit of interpretation with some items in my closet. It was a step outside of what I usually wear, a big heaping brave step, but a fun one!

The image of inspiration:

 
 
My interpretation:
 

 

I'm fairly certain I spent far less money on my outfit than Miss Kerr. I love the fringe on her jacket and her long black dress. I used my black skirt and a black shirt tucked in to recreate the feel of her dress.. The black jacket is from Old Navy (I spent $13.00 on it; the black one is sold out online. I thought I would link it anyway!); Skirt, bag (reviewed here) and scarf (and the boots in the black color that you can't see...) are all Target finds from over the years. And the lipstick is Revlon Colorburst matte balm in Striking, which you can get at any drugstore.
 
This was definitely a different look that I usually do. In fact, I can't remember the last time I wore all black. Actually, I think I was a fourth grader and about to be in a play about Greek mythology and all black was our required costume.
 
I spent the afternoon at Barnes and Noble. It was an interesting day well spent. And by spent, I truly mean spent. I do not need to go book shopping for quite some time.
 
 
 
I hope you have all had a wonderful week. And that, with the right inspiration, you can break your own rules!!
 
Yours xx

2 comments:

  1. You really captured Miranda's look in your outfit! Way to go :) I'm awful at that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a lot of fun with it. Thanks for stopping by, Kate!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...