19.10.13

Blogtober Day 18: Tea & Love at the Falls

October 18: Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop. *if you can't make it to a coffee shop, at least leave your usual space and write someplace new.

So I didn't exactly go to a coffee shop but, I did go to Falls Park with my Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, my fall favorite.



As I was walking down from taking this photo, I spotted an older couple...probably in their late 50s attempting to take a selfie with the Falls in the background. I giggled to myself..it was pretty funny to watch. I offered to take their photo.


The woman was elated for me to offer! She handed me her iPhone, asking if I knew how to work this thing. I laughed and said, "I think I got it." She began to tell me why they had come to the Falls. See. This couple has been married for 47 years. They came back to celebrate their collegiate homecoming this weekend. The man began to laugh and said: "That's not the only reason, honey." "Oh right. In this exact spot, we had our first kiss." Que swoons! 

As I took their picture, they were both looking at each other smiling and laughing -- she grabbed his face and kissed him! He popped his leg and pulled away laughing: "Still got it!" 

They were the absolute sweetest and kindest people, and that is something that made me happy!

Yours xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...