27.1.15

January 2015 | A few of my Favorite Things

 
(1. Gap Body sweater. 2. Elizabeth Arden 8-hour Cream. 3. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 8 (Pink in Confidence) 4. #Girlboss by Sophia Amoroso 5. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks 6. Heidi Swapp "Everyday" Memory Keeper 7. First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, Facial Radiance Pads and Ultra Repair Cream)
 
 
January brought 2015 in with a month full of opposites. I planned and then I went with the flow. I spent time becoming a gym rat and then, I got the flu and become one with my mattress. I saved, saved, saved my monies and then, well, I splurged (hey, I had a gift card) on a New Year, New Me gift to myself. January was warm and cold, in both temperature and disposition.
 
I spent most of the frigid month in my Gap Body sweatshirt. I loved my cream one so much that I had to go back to get a second one in gray. They are the ideal sweater to spend the afternoon in, drinking tea cuddled under a fuzzy blanket. Along with the ice cold weather of January came some very dry skin and lips. Enter Elizabeth Arden 8-hour cream. My gawd, this stuff is perfect. Dry skin has no chance with this. I used in on my lips, and hands mostly, at night, and in the morning would wake up to baby soft skin. And now, the splurge - I bought my first YSL lipstick. I was gifted a very nice gift card from my team at work and purchased this for myself to take on 2015. It is called "Pink in Confidence" because that's how I plan to take on 2015 - with confidence. The packaging is perfect and the color is even more perfect. A soft pink with a bit of shine for an everyday oomph to the mundane.
 
 
 
I challenged myself to read 50 books in 2015. So far, #Girlboss and "The Longest Ride" has been my favorites. #Girlboss brought on some of my favorite quotes to live by for 2015. And hello, because I want to be a #Girlboss because I want what I want, I want to work for it, and I'm a badass #Girlboss. "The Longest Ride" while typical Nicholas Sparks romance novel is going to be made into a movie and I wanted to read it prior to seeing it. It was good, easy to read, and I gobbled in up in less than 24 hours.  
 
A clip from my favorite chapter on the power of thinking and the power you give your thoughts in #Girlboss.
 
 
I was really disappointed in 2014 because I didn't have anything to look back on it that house'd memories, my thoughts and some of my favorite moments. Hence, the "Everyday" Memory Keeper. I plan on writing a little something, taking a photo, or documenting each day in some way to keep a running memory of 2015. So far, I have loved doing this and find it very rewarding. I have made a post on my memory keeping: here.
 
 
And finally, my dear skin. January was a rough skin month for me from being sick, to my continued living in a hotel, to new year stress, my skin has taken hit after hit and I don't know what I would've done without my First Aid Beauty regime. The cleanser made my skin feel clean and fresh - without drying it out. The Radiance pads I used twice a day to exfoliate, tone and brighten my skin which I could even tell the difference. And the Ultra Repair Cream leaves my skin moisturizer but not sticky - and it's prefect for travel because it is safe for my face as well as my body.
 
While I enjoy January a lot, I'm so ready to say good-bye to it. I'm ready for February and to start fresh, again. What did you enjoy about the first month of 2015? Any favorite moments or products? Please share.
 
Yours xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...