27.1.11

And the Oscar goes to..

I know I'm like three days late with this, but better late then never right? Right?

So here's the deal: unless you've been under a rock for the last week in the entertainment world you don't know but the Academy Awards nominations have been announced. I'm a big, mega, HUGE fan of the Oscars. I'm super-de-duper excited the James Franco and Anne Hathaway are the hosts this year. In my expert opinion, this year the entertainment/movie world has stepped up their games.

See future blog about the History of the Academy Awards! (That's how much I love these things!)

And the nominees are...

Best Picture (All eight of them. EIGHT!)
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids Are All Right
The King's Speech
127 Hours
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter's Bone
Winner: I'm between Black Swan, The Fighter and Inception. Huge fan of all three of these films. It's going to be a battle that's for sure.

Actress in a Leading Role
Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
Nicole Kidman, Rabbit Hole
Jennifer Lawrence, Winter's Bone
Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Michelle Williams, Blue Valentine
Winner: I gotta go with my girl Natalie Portman in this one. Her performance was bone-chillingly good. (As was that adjective/adverb!)

Actor in a Leading Role
Javier Bardem, Biutiful
Jeff Bridges, True Grit
Jesse Eisenberg, The Social Network
Colin Firth, The King's Speech
James Franco, 127 Hours
Winner: I'm just following the entertainment's gut and advice on this one: Colin Firth. Although I haven't seen The King's Speech, I've heard he is really good.

Actress in a Supporting Role
Amy Adams, The Fighter
Helena Bonham Carter, The King's Speech
Melissa Leo, The Fighter
Hailee Steinfeld, True Grit
Jacki Weaver, Animal Kingdom
Winner: Amy Adams. She's not our Enchanted princess anymore people.

Actor in a Supporting Role
Christian Bale, The Fighter
John Hawkes, Winter's Bone
Jeremy Renner, The Town
Mark Ruffalo, The Kids Are All Right
Geoffrey Rush, The King's Speech
Winner: Christian Bale. Unreal performance. Didn't even recognize him.

Director
Black Swan, Darren Aronofsky
The Fighter, David. O. Russell
The King's Speech, Tom Hooper
The Social Network, David Fincher
True Grit, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
Winner: Oh boy, any of these guys. I'm not saying I don't care but they are all amazing.

Animated Feature Film
How to Train Your Dragon
The Illusionist
Toy Story 3
Winner: Toy Story 3. Any animated film that can bring a tear to my eyes totally deserves an Oscar.

Yeah, I know I left a lot, about 17, categories out but honestly, I only care about the above. I think all aspects are key to a movie and why I love them so much, but I do not have the right credentials to judge who should win those other ones.

As a fan, I know what I like and when I like it. And let me tell you, I will let you know...until next time.

(Information taken from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/entertainmentnews/academy-awards-2011/nominations.html?sid=ST2011012500006&referrer=emaillink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...