9.3.13

February Favorites

I'm a curious little bee. I want to know what everyone is loving whether it be beauty products, body care, books, or even movies. Inspired by my curiosity I thought I might jump on the monthly favorites bandwagon. (Yes, there is a bandwagon.) I figured I'd share with all of you, at the beginning of each month, what I consider to be my favorite things. So without further ado...cue music.



Beauty Products & Body Care Favorites:

I've been loving my Maybelline Baby Lips in Coral Crush and Pink Punch. It is super moisturizing as well as adding a hint of color to my lips. It is a perfect every day basic balm.

My February Favorite as far as nail polish goes has to be Play Date from Essie. It is a lavender color so it is very spring time and very Easter appropriate. Plus, for me, Essie color always seems to last quite a long time on my nails.

Body Care Favorites consist of a hand cream that I've been loving for quite sometime. The True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere and Silk Hand Cream is like a dream for my hands. It does exactly what the back of the bottle says (no lies here): "Wrap Your Hands in Cashmere and Silk." Plus, it seems like vanilla!

This next product I picked up on a whim one day: Boots Brazil Nut Body Butter. Now, I'm not usually a big fan of body butter, the idea of thick, cake-y cream just gives me the shivers, but this product is nothing like that! It is very moisturizing, as expected, but doesn't seem like you're "frosting" yourself. My skin has become super soft and smooth since using this. Which has been great during this loving spring SD weather (sarcasm). And this particular scent is a combination of almond-hazelnut-vanilla; it is intoxicating.




Music Favorites:

I have narrowed my choices down to three, which is fairly impressive since I've been obsessed with a lot of music in the past month. (Warning: My musical taste is varied and not for everyone)


Demi Lovato's "Heart Attack". Don't lie you've sang it in your car...


Fall Out Boy "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)" I think I'm a professional air guitar drumming extraordinaire when this songs comes on. Plus, it's Fall Out Boy. You know I'm stoked for their new album.


Bernhoft "C'mon Talk" This one I can't actually take too much credit for. It was introduced to me by a friend. Obsessed doesn't even accurately describe how I feel about this song. 

Oh what am I saying...here's one more: 


Allen Stone "Sleep"

Book & Movies Favorites

This one of going to be a lengthy one this time due to Spring Break allowing me actual leisure reading time! 

If you have yet to read "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green stop whatever you had planned for today, go get this book, grab the Kleenex and READ IT. Serious. I've read it twice since purchasing it and the second time I took a highlighter to it because I loved it THAT much. 

The other recommendation I talked about in the Fashion Friday of last week so check that out here. As far as another read, I'd say "Struck by Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal" by Chris Colfer should not go unnoticed. It reads like you're having a conversation with your snarky, although lovable, best friend. 

And finally, whether it comes into your life in book or movie form, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" forever changed everything for me. It is a real, brave and honest look at, not just high school, but friendship, love and being a teenager. 


Thanks for reading! Yours xx

PS: Starbucks drink of the month for Haley: Direct tie between Green Tea Frapp and Iced Chai Tea Latte. 

Disclaimer: Everything mentioned above was purchase with my own money and all opinions are mine. This is NOT a sponsored blog post. You're pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...