18.1.13

Fashion Friday: January 18, 2013

This week, inspiration seemed to find me wherever I went. I started out my week by watching the captivating Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey. For this season, they gained the corporate sponsor of Ralph Lauren and his commercial aired before the episode. He is discussing his craft and where he finds his inspiration. I'm inherently jealous of anyone who can articulate their inspirations like he does. I'd consider myself a bit of a generalist when it comes to inspiration. His words inspired me to not accept the ordinary, not only in fashion, but also in life. His dialogue got my creative juices flowing (obviously) so I transcribed it for you to be inspired as well! And as per usual, more amazing fashions (also made easy by The Golden Globes!!). Congratulations on another week of 2013 completed!


"This is not a job. This is a joy. Doing the women's collection, you've got to create something and make it new every season. I'm drawing inspiration from my life, from history, from movies, from books, from everything I see. The best pleasure is the creativity and not accepting the ordinary." --Ralph Lauren

First: It's a Target ad and, if you haven't figured it out yet, I L-O-V-E  Target. Also, Old Man Winter... I accept your sweater as apology.

Sparkly bow because why not? 
Noted, Dowager Countess of Grantham. 

What's a closet? 

Truth.  

You know you read it as Captain Jack...

Naomi Watts looked absolutely stunning! 
Miranda Kerr (oh and a bit of Orlando Bloom eye-candy) is ravishing! 
I love Adele for several reasons, but mostly because she rocks Burberry like a boss. Black long sleeve dress with embellished neckline... Get it, girl! Beautiful! Plus, she scored a high-five from James Bond (erm, Daniel Craig) and a Golden Globe for Skyfall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...