30.1.14

January Favorites

January flew by and was a great spring board for 2014. I vaguely remember a while ago I shared some of my favorite products of the month with you... well, lets do that again, shall we??


 
 
Clinique 3-Step Cleanser, Toner, and Moisturizing Lotion
The first time I was spotted looking at makeup I was around 11. My mother said I was more than allowed to use makeup but I had to take care of my skin. We went straight to the good stuff for skin care. I have no idea why I have been bouncing around skin care products when I know, I KNOW, that this is the best thing for me. The liquid facial soup cleanses and removes any dirt and grime from my skin making it squeaky clean. Then I will tone my skin, creating a smooth surface for the moisturizing lotion to really lock it all in and in the winter, moisture has been my key necessity in products.
 

 
Smith's Rosebud Salve
Speaking of moisture, this has been a gift from the gods for my lips during winter. It is a rose scent petroleum jelly for your lips. Along with the rose scent, it gives my lips a nice pink and glossy color, which makes lip gloss, although fun, not necessary.
 

 
Revlon Colorburst Matte/Laquer Balm
Okay, I'm just going to come right out and say it: to me, these are the best lip product I have tried in a long while. The are moisturizing, plus supply a good amount of color that applications are few and far between. I do one application upon arriving at work and don't have to reapply until late afternoon or even when I get home because the color is still there. Application is super simple; if you can color in the lines, you can put these on. I started with colors that I knew I would wear all the time: Elusive, a light peach pink, Complex, a brown nude, Striking, a true red, and in the lacquer, Enticing, a shiny maroon red.
 
 
NYX Powder Blush in Peach
This blush is incredibly pigmented, a little goes a long way. It gives an Oh-Look-at-me, I-have-been-outside-and-just-naturally-have-pink-cheeks look. Very winter-esque chic. Perfect for January.
 

 
Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes mascara
I am such a fan of the original formula of the Falsies that I had to try the Big Eyes version and I was not disappointed. With the separate wands for upper and lower lashes it lifts and adds insane volume to the upper lashes and separates the lower lashes making them look spider leg long. It does last all day, for me, and doesn't smudge either. Simple makeup remover gets all the product off with very little residue left.
 
 
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Sport Eraser
Disclaimer: I do not have dark spots. I do have really scary dark under eyes, which is why I picked up this product. Thought I might be able to eliminate my designer handbag dark eyes, and it does. The applicator is truly awesome. The sponge allows for flawless distribution of the product, as well as precision. I have it in the color 210 Fair.
 
 
The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
The 24 hour hydration is no lie. I have very dry skin and this product has been a life saver for me this winter. I body has been drinking this product up like a traveler in the desert! The scent is long lasting but not overpowering. It smells very nutty and creamy (if creamy has a scent...). It has been a huge success for me. I did try several other scents in small size to make sure, before buying the large jar, that it was the product for me, which, of course, it is.
 
 
Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea Sampler
Yep, I love tea and am obsessed with this. I'm not usually a bit fruit tea drinker but this product might have turned me. These are super flavorful and not at all sweet, which was my big concern. And as I attempted to spend less money, the price tag for 18 bags is really hard to argue.
 
Those are just some of my favorite products for the month of January. I hope you all enjoyed it. And I would love to know what products you all have been loving this month??
 
Yours xx

2 comments:

  1. Do I see ripped up HP pages?! Blasphemy! :) JK. Love the post! And the blog name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! It was a graduation/moving away gift from my best friend. She modge-podged my favorite HP novel to a table. Super cute.

      Thanks for reading, Reagan! I hope all is well with you!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...