14.3.11

Bracketology

I, like many twenty-year-olds, love march. March is the month of my birthday. It has a day that is entirely devoted to my favorite color, St. Patrick's Day. (Yes, that day is associated with something else, but I don't do that sort of thing...) And, March Madness.

Now, I played basketball for years of my life. I can't say I still love the game like I used too but I loved the game. Everything about it. The skill, drive, dedication and the lifetime bonds that I got from basketball will never be taken from me. Yes, I did just get emotional. Deal.

All right, for those of you who don't have an older brother who watch the selection show for hours upon hours last night, bracketology is the breakdown of the NCAA tournament. The teams are selected by a committee based on win-loss records, scores of games and their own area tournaments. The 64 (selected) teams are then broken down into regions, East, West, Southeast, and Southwest, of 16 teams each. Tournament plays begins, the winning teams are complied into the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four and NCAA champion. Bets are placed, brackets are filled and money is dealed out to the winner.

So naturally I fill out a bracket. Correct, I fill out several brackets. Several. I fill out the one with all of the highest ranking teams make it to the final four and then based on records I pick a winner. Yes, classic and usually wrong. Then I fill out one strictly based on girly requirements: cute uniforms colors, hottness ranking factors, quirky things either about their coach or school, ya know, really important things. And my final bracket, a mixture of both. Which usually wins me the most points because, Iwilllwin! I am competitive and I usually lose with these things but they are fun and seriously entertaining.

Whether you use my brother's tactic of serious deliberation or my father's "Kansas always wins" approach or my mother's "Uh...Bracketololgy?" or the full proof girly version, you will enjoy March Madness. Just don't bet too much because anything can happen in the world of sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...