17.5.13

Fashion Friday: May 17th, 2013

It seems like a very long time since I've completed a Fashion Friday post and yet, only seven days have passed.

This is a Fashion Friday dedicated to some of my absolute favorite YouTube covers (currently), and The Great Gatsby, which I find to be completely appropriate because I've been bumpin' to the soundtrack, and I was completely in awe of Baz Luhrman's film. Obviously, I went in with a mindset that I always have with book to movie films. The book will always be better because I am allowed to create, mold and interpret the work in a way that is perfect to me, and any interpretation will never compare to the awesomeness in my head. (This post from Wonderly, I think, helps explain this too: Kassie King's "I have a lot of feelings about The Great Gatsby") Baz Luhrman created a movie that was lavish, outlandish and all sorts of awesome. It was his interpretation and it was awesome. I think it encompassed the Jazz Age is an idealistic way. Plus, I loved how the text of the novel was visual incorporated! Super cool!  And come one, Leo was a perfect Gatsby. He was perfect in all his grandeur and spectacle. His introduction? Oh my! I was giddy in the theater, and am 95% sure I squealed,

The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite novels of all time. I enjoyed the movie, and I think, if I'm not mistaken I may be in the minority. Do I care, old sport? Nope, not at all.

Now onto the music... I love each and every one of these covers almost as much as I love the originals. I think they are brilliant, moving, and flat-out cool. Enjoy them as much as I do.


Julia Sheer -- Of Monsters and Men "Little Talks"

via



Tori Kelly -- Justin Timberlake "Suit and Tie"
(PS She is absolutely amazing!)




Becky CJ -- Mashup of One Direction's "Kiss You" and Bastille's "Overjoyed"

via


Anthem Lights -- Mash-up Best of 2012 Pop


via


Candice Glover (Newly crowned American Idol winner) -- The Cure (Adele, too!!) "Lovesong"


And the final line of the Great Gatsby... "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Yours xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...