14.5.13

Every day in May, Part 2





The Blog Everyday in May, with a Twist continues.... See Day 1-7...

Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

Say yes to things, whatever “things” may be.

Yes, I’m taking my own advice, too.
                                                                                
Day 9: A moment in your day (this can be just a photo or both a photo and words)

I'm blogging outside in my PJ's because it is summer and that's totally appropriate, and fashionable, right??







Day 10: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.

Oh god, my most embarrassing moment... let me think here.... Hmm, I remember being embarrassed but I don’t actually remember why (or one that I can legally share...) Op, I’ve got one...

Preface: Okay, freshman year of college, both semesters, I was in a ridiculously hard Spanish class. I had this class everyday at 8am.

After our final, which I passed, btw, I was skipping, yes, skipping joyously down the stairs, grinning like an absolute idiot. I reach the end of the first set of stairs, did a really attractive twirl to take on the next set and WHAM....hello most attractive male friend. (Dude was a babe!!)

I broke out into the most unattractive giggle, flushed magenta; I can’t even remember what he did but I just scampered down those stairs so fast, I had to get out of there!! And that, is my most embarrassing story...at least that I can think of...

Day 11: Sell yourself in 10 words or less

Empathetic.
Funny.
Competitive.
Curious.
Tenacious.
Imaginative.
Creative.
Feisty.
Driven.
Loyal.

Day 12: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

I miss Saturday morning cartoons, not these ridiculous ones they have now but Rollie Pollie Ollie, PB & J Otter, Blues Clues and Bear in the Big Blue House. I miss watching Full House re-runs for the first time. Friends. Period. I miss new episodes of Friends. I miss roller blading around our 3-season porch to Jock Jams and counting my brother’s shots with a stopwatch and calculator like it was the 3-point contest for McDonald’s All-American. I miss playing Knights and Princesses in my backyard with bikes has our horses. I miss recess and all the ridiculous games. I miss my Dad dropping me off, and picking me up, at school every day. I miss when exercise was for fun and it wasn’t called exercise it was called playing. I miss going to the swimming pool everyday during the summer at 12:55pm because it opened at 1:00 and we needed to be there when it opened. I miss the outstanding tan I got during the summer. I miss orange ice cream push-pops. I miss bike rides as my only form of transportation and socializing. I miss the hours we’d spend on ridiculous chat rooms. I miss ICQ. (Uh-oh). I miss MSN Messenger and getting my butt kicked in Tic-Tac-Toe by all my friends. I miss decorating my locker during middle school. I miss my high school teammates, solely for our pre-game dance routines. I miss Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

I typing all of these things, and times, that I miss I’ve realized that I really just miss being a kid.

Day 13: Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.

Dear Hair,

I’d like to dedicate this public apology to you. The things I have put you through over the years have been harsh, to say the least. I’ve curled you, straightened you (both by tool and by iron...yes, I ironed my hair), daily blow drying you to perfection and without heat protectant. I’ve lathered you with product upon product, and doused you with so much hairspray I’ve contributed to ozone depletion. You’ve been colored, bleached, and highlighted and that’s only in the last year. I have ripped through your tangled mess in anger and I apologize. You’ve been twisted and pulled into ponytails for years, while we can blame high school sports for this it is truly my fault.

You’ve been nothing but good to me and what have I done? Made you conform to what I want. I’m sorry. From now on I will treat you with the love, and respect, you deserve. Thank you for always being there and please, do not go anywhere anytime soon.

With love, and heat protectant,
Haley

Day 14: Ten things that make you really happy

1. Finishing a good book.
2. Making the perfect Spotify/iTunes playlist.
3. Turning to a fresh page of my writing journal.
4. The smell right before it rains.
5. The sound of my friends laughing.
6. Freshly washed, and made, bed; the best feeling in the world is snuggling down into those clean sheets.
7. That one day a week when my hair does exactly what I want it to.
8. A new outfit.
9. A hug.
10. The last line of the Harry Potter series: "All is well."

Yours xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...