20.5.14

Makeup MAYhem: It's that time of the month again...

No, not THAT time of the month. It is makeup brush cleaning time.

Once a month, I do a deep brush cleaning. I do a daily brush cleaning, especially with my eye makeup brushes, because I tend to do a lot of experimenting that I despise when I'm blending out a look and what comes off the brush looks nothing like when I had on my eye. Serious beauty problem here people. Anyway...

I spend about half an hour on a day that I know I won't be wearing any makeup and scrub-a-dub-dub my brushes. I let them "drain" overnight and in the morning, voilĂ ! clean brushes!!

 
And supplies...
For daily brush cleaning, I use the Daily Makeup Brush Cleaner from Sephora. But for my deep cleaning, I use the philosophy purity one-step facial cleanser. It is a very gently face cleanser and does a wonder on these brushes. I love the Kleenex hand towels for drying, which you will see.. and of course, my dirty brushes.
 

 
Dirty brush meet Facial Cleanser.
 
 
Cleanser full brush meet water... and palm.
 
 
Ta-da! Clean brush!!

 
It is a very easy process. Clean the brush, run it under water, swirl it in the palm of my hand to make sure I've got all the soap and makeup out of the brush. Sweep it across the Kleenex to, again, make sure it is clean. Put the brush, tip down, into a deep glass to get all the water out.
 
I hope you liked seeing into the cleaning side of beauty. What does your brush routine consist of?
Yours xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...